Meetings[highlight_1]Mondays 3:00-4:00pm in sga conference room -Biweekly[/highlight_1]
Purpose and Responsibilities
- The purpose of the Operational Review Committee (ORC) shall be to audit student organizations and entities that are directly funded by the Student Government Association through the student Activities and Services (A&S) fees to ensure that they are being used properly in accordance to the Student Government Finance Policy.
- This committee holds the power and responsibility to investigate all organizations and/or entities, including the SGA that are questioned and/or challenged by Student Government officials as well as the entire FIU student body concerning the use or misuse of A&S monies.
- This committee shall have the power to write legislation about an already investigated organization or entity in regards to how the entity used or misused A & S monies. It will then be used as a guide or piece of evidence for the budget hearings at the end of the spring semester.
- The ORC shall also have the power to check the Finance Committee when allocating A & S fees improperly in accordance with the SGA Finance Policy as well as any other necessary document.
- This shall include, receiving and reviewing bi-weekly reports from the Finance Committee, in addition to working with the Comptroller on the legalities of every request for A & S funds submitted to the Finance Committee.
- This committee shall also handle all post event, post travel forms and all other documents necessary when requesting and obtaining information about an entity appropriated money by the Finance Committee. The documents along with a recommendation by the Committee on whether to increase, decrease or keep funding at the same level, will then be presented to the entire Senate in a Expenditure Analysis Report, as a form of review and guide for appropriating future A & S monies to the same entity.
- The ORC shall have the power to aid the Student Government Comptroller in checking/monitoring all SGA officials’ use of annual budget.